Facebook event page
The Old School Farm to Table
5022 Old Hydes Ferry Pike, Nashville, Tennessee 37218
Hey, foodie fitness folks! Head to Old School Farm on Saturday, July 14th for an evening of El Chivo Burritos. We'll enjoy locally-sourced burritos prepared by Old School Restaurant's executive chef Kirstie Bidwell and watch «El Chivo,» a documentary about trail running with the Tarahumara Indians, an indigenous culture made famous in Christopher McDougall's bestselling book Born to Run. If you don't feel like watching the movie no worries we will have games, plenty of other places to just hang out, drink beer, listen to music, and just enjoy each others company. Nashville's own trail runner and RD, John Hardin — current record-holder of the 323 mile Sheltowee Trace — will be on hand to talk about ultra trail running and to offer sign-up specials on HardWin Adventure races.
We will have a great raffle that includes a drawing for a year's subscription to Edible Nashville, Jackalope Brewing Company beer, HardWin Adventure race entries, and several $50 Fleet Feet Nashville gift card giveaways! The event helps raise money for Old School Farm, a nonprofit that employs adults of all abilities as organic farmers.
Ticket $23.99 includes:
Support the nonprofit Old School Farm with an evening of gourmet burritos and a documentary about ultra trail runner Will Harlan and the Tarahumara Indians, an indigenous culture made famous in the bestselling book, Born to Run. There will be beer specials and door prizes. It's foodie fitness «fun-lanthrophy» at its finest.
* Handcrafted burritos — meat or vegetarian options — prepared from locally sourced ingredients by executive chef Kirstie Bidwell of Old School Restaurant
* A pint or two of delicious Jackalope beer
* A showing of El Chivo on the screen inside the beautiful Old School Barn
* An introduction by Nashville ultra trail runner John Hardin, holder the fastest known time of the 323 mile Sheltowee Trace
* A current copy of Edible Nashville
* A chance to win a year's subscription to Edible Nashville
* A coupon for %___ off any HardWin Adventure trail race
* The satisfaction of knowing that you're helping to support Old School Farm, a nonprofit that trains and employs adults of all cognitive abilities.
$2 Raffle Ticket — provided at event
Entry for raffles and their wonderful prizes